480GB Transcend SSD220S 2.5" SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - TS480GSSD220S
Looking for the best entry-level solid state drive?
This is it. Transcend's SSD220 SATA III 6Gb/s SSD boasts uncompromising transfer speeds of up to 550MB/s to accelerate system boot-up and loading times at an economic price point. By using only high-quality flash chips and enhanced firmware algorithms, Transcend's SSD220 is guaranteed to deliver greater reliability.
With full support of SATA Device Sleep Mode (DevSleep), the Transcend SSD220 can prolong notebook battery life by consuming up to 90% less power. Transcend's SSD220 provides an incredible 4K random read and write performance of up to 310MB/s, making it the perfect alternative as a boot disk to load your everyday computing tasks and programs in just seconds.
Taking full advantage of the SATA III 6Gb/s interface and built in with SLC caching technology, the SSD220 achieves exceptional transfer speeds of up to 550MB/s read and 450MB/s write. In addition to blazing-fast transfer speeds, the SSD220 is engineered with a RAID engine and LDPC (Low-Density Parity Check) coding, a powerful ECC algorithm, in order to keep your data secure. Built-in wear-leveling technology ensures data integrity during transmission, prolonging the lifespan of Transcend's SSD220.
- SATA III
- Capacity: 480GB
- Dimensions: 3.94" x 2.75" x 0.28"
- Ultra-slim, ultra-portable
- 3 years limited warranty
SATA III 6Gb/s SSD220S
- Transcend's SATA III 6Gb/s SSD220S uses the latest 3D NAND technology that features vertical, stacked expansion of storage cells. By using high-quality flash memory and enhanced firmware algorithms, the SSD220S delivers greater performance and reliability.
3D expansion to break through limits
- Unlike planar NAND memory, 3D NAND flash features memory cells stacked vertically in multiple layers. 3D NAND overcomes density limitations of 2D planar NAND, and delivers a higher level of performance and endurance.
Performance boost for everyday computing
- Taking full advantage of the SATA III 6Gb/s interface and built-in SLC caching technology, Transcend's SSD220S achieves exceptional transfer speeds of up to 550MB/s read and 500MB/s write.
Guaranteed endurance and reliability
- Transcend's SSD220S offers great Terabytes Written (TBW) values (up to 320 TB) indicating the total amount of data you can write into the drive over its lifetime.
RAID engine and LDPC coding
- Detects and corrects transfer errors to prevent data corruption in TLC-based SSD products
- Relocates existing data to release memory blocks
- Distributes data evenly across memory cells to prolong SSD's lifespan
- Intelligently shuts down SATA interface when not in use to prolong device's battery life
A better choice than HDD
- Solid-state drives dominate the market for PC upgrades because they are faster and lighter than hard disk drives. SSDs also feature less power, create less noise when in operation, and are more shock-resistant than traditional hard drives.
3 easy steps to upgrade your PC
- Transcend's SSD220S measures just 6.8mm in height and features short access times, making it a perfect choice for upgrading desktops, laptops, and the latest gaming consoles in just 3 easy steps!
SSD Scope software
- Transcend SSD Scope is advanced, user-friendly software that makes it easy to ensure your Transcend SSD remains healthy, and continues to run fast and error-free by determining the condition and optimizing the performance of your drive.
- Transcend’s solid state drives are built to the highest standards and rigorously tested, and offer outstanding quality, performance, and reliability.
- Flash Type: 3D NAND flash
- Capacity: 480 GB
- Operating Temperature: 0°C (32°F) ~ 70°C (158°F)
- Operating Voltage: 5V±10%
- Sequential Read/Write (CrystalDiskMark): 480 GB - 530/480 MB/s
- 4K Random Read/Write (IOmeter): 480 GB - 50,000/75,000 IOPS
- Terabytes Written (TBW): 480 GB - 160 TBW
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) 1,000,000 hour(s)
- Drive Writes Per Day (DWPD) 0.3 (3 yrs)
Speed may vary due to host hardware, software, usage, and storage capacity.
The workload used to rate DWPD may be different from your actual workload, which may vary due to host hardware, software, usage, and storage capacity.
For Mac users please visit our Apple Solutions here.
- Certificate: CE/FCC/BSMI
- Warranty: Three-year Limited Warranty
- Warranty Policy:
- Please click here for more information about the Transcend Warranty Policy.
- Warranty does not apply when SSD Scope's wear-out indicator displays 0% within the warranty coverage.
- Package Contents: Full unit
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Linux Kernel 2.6.31 or later
- TRIM & NCQ Command
- Advanced Garbage Collection
- DevSleep Mode
- RAID Engine
- 480GB - TS480GSSD220S Aluminum casing
- Dimensions 100 mm x 69.85 mm x 6.8 mm (3.94" x 2.75" x 0.28")
- Weight 45 g (1.59 oz)
- 1x 480GB Kingston A400 SSD
Note: Photos and/or description may differ from actual products. Information from suppliers or packaging.
TS480GSSD220S - Made in Taiwan - Drive - NEW - 14999/12900 - TGCP - 14/16
Don't miss this deal!